Mad Science Club Program Information
National PTA studies have shown that students enrolled in an educational after-school program have increased their in-school performance, receiving higher test and SOL scores. This increase in performance and attendance can benefit the school and raise awareness and membership in the PTA. However, implementing an after-school program can be quite daunting. Mad Science has over 20 years of experience offering fun and interactive science programs in an after-school setting. The Mad Science Club is a stand-alone program, allowing the Principal, PTA and parent to focus their efforts in other areas of the child’s education. Mad Science aims to create a partnership with the school, PTA and parents.
What’s included in a Mad Science Club:
- School Assembly Kick-off: Immediately before or during registration, our high-energy, actionpacked half hour performances will excite your students about science and inform them of what they can expect should they sign up for Mad Science. Best of all, it is SOL correlated. Assemblies can be split by grade level (K -2 and 3-5) to ensure grade and age appropriate instruction.
- Marketing and Registration Materials: Registration is handled by Mad Science of Hampton Roads. Flyers and other marketing materials will be provided before or during the registration period.
- Payment Processing: Mad Science will collect all funds on your behalf through check or credit card, via our on-line registration site.
- Scheduling and Rosters: When you have Mad Science handle the registration, we confirm all participants, create all class rosters and inform all parents and students of their instruction dates.
- Instruction: Mad Science provides all equipment and materials. Our certified instructors arrive in Mad Science lab coats at least 15 minutes before class to set-up their equipment. Every Mad Scientist assumes responsibility for each student in his care until released to an authorized parent or guardian.
- Take-home Materials: Every student will make and take home a science project related to the topic taught each class.
- Fundraising Support: To help your school with its fundraising efforts, Mad Science will donate a Workshop with a retail value of $165.00. These are frequently used in PTA auctions or student raffles.
- Science Fair Judging: We will be happy to send a Mad Scientist to your science fair to participate in the activities, judge the entries or award the prizes.
We handle all registrations, payments and other program details or we can work with your established system. Mad Science Clubs are available any day (based upon availability) of the week and run in Fall I, Fall II, Winter or Spring sessions. We offer a 6-week program where students meet for 1 hour a week after-school. There is no obligation or cost to your organization. If enrollment does not meet the minimum (12 students), we cancel the class. We will create and provide the class rosters before the first class so you can let your teachers know which students are participating in the Mad Science Club.